C-Dub Heat Club: Alzheimer’s Awareness Month

C-Dub Heat Club: Alzheimers Awareness Month

JordanM, Managing Editor

August is Alzheimer’s Awareness month, and H.E.A.T (Human Environment Animal Team) club has many activities planned for the upcoming weeks.

Pre-Calculus and Calculus AB teacher Anne Davis sponsors H.E.A.T club, and explains that the school will see multiple events and fundraisers throughout November where the proceeds will go to the Alzheimer’s Association.

“The whole month is a campaign to raise awareness,” Davis said.

Davis and her club will do one event every week of November in order to maximize awareness and get the entire school invested in Alzheimer’s Awareness. These events will be organized by H.E.A.T club members and officers, and will help them get more involved in the Alzheimer’s community and educate the entire school about Alzheimer’s.

“One week we’re doing a bake sale for donations to raise money, [the next week we’re] trying to get a big jar of candy in the cafeteria selling guesses for a dollar, and whoever [guesses] how much candy they get the jar,” Davis said.

H.E.A.T club is also doing a more community-oriented event: an art show.

“[One week we’re] doing an art show on Friday night, and so they’re getting students here, past students and people around the community to donate art and having it auctioned off,” Davis said. “All of the proceeds are going to Alzheimer’s Awareness,”

For their final event, H.E.A.T club is raising money for the Alzheimer’s Association at a different venue: a frozen yogurt cafe.

“[We’re] having a spirit night at Orange Leaf,” Davis said. “A percentage of the proceeds will go to Alzheimer’s awareness.”

H.E.A.T’s events will take place all throughout the month of November, and will be advertised around the school to provide donations and awareness for the Alzheimer’s Association.