The Crimson Connection

The Great Library

book series: The Great Library

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Great Library

The four books of

The four books of "The Great Library" series, "Ink and Bone, "Paper and Fire," "Ash and Quill," and "Smoke and Iron."

Calling readers everywhere, if you are in the middle of a deep reading slump and need something packed with danger and alchemy, then The Great Library series is what you need in your life. This series has a little bit of something for everyone with adventure, magic, destruction, and a hint of romance thrown it that will keep you wanting to read more.

This series was written by Rachel Caine (author of The Morganville Vampires series) and currently has four action packed books that take place in a time where the Library of Alexandria stands and rules the world with its vast knowledge. In this series knowledge is power in a world where the Library of Alexandria controls everything and will kill anyone who stands in its way. The series follows male protagonist Jess Brightwell, who is trying to expose and overthrow the corruption that has taken over the Great Library. Jess is part of a group of rebels who are seen as not only a threat, but also an ally to the dangerous people that control everything. The first book, Ink and Bone, will pull you in and keep you glued to its pages as Jess has to pick sides and fight for his life and  friends along the way.

The first book in the series, Ink and Bone is currently available at Barnes and Noble for $5.69 and available at Thriftbooks for $4.43. This series will be a great addition to your collection and will have you hooked at every turn.

About the Writer
NicoleN, Staff Reporter

I am a senior and first-year staff reporter for the Crimson Connection! I am in the Cy Woods orchestra and I play the violin. In my free time, I like learning...