The student news site of Cypress Woods High School

The Crimson Connection

The Crimson Connection

The Crimson Connection

Rant in 212 words: the SAT

Rant in 212 words: the SAT

The time has come for the class of 2025 to tackle the dreaded SAT test. How can one single test have a major say in determining which colleges accept which students? Though SAT’s aren’t as dire as they once were, SAT scores are something that makes certain students’ applications shine over others. SAT prep classes are valuable but last for 5-8 weeks with four hours of studying in each session. Most students don’t have the time for those classes due to extracurriculars, jobs and other commitments. The fact that students simply don’t have time for these classes adds to the stress of the potential doom that the SAT brings. As of 2024, the SAT has been changed to be an online test and the possible mishaps that come with online testing could affect the SAT too. A glitch in the system, the test doesn’t open, answers don’t save, the list of worries goes on. Another thing is the time limits within each section of the test, the no calculator math section gives 25 minutes to answer 20 questions. If a student isn’t the strongest in math, these numbers alone are enough to cause a sinking feeling in their stomach. Just three hours and 15 minutes to influence the future and that’s terrifying.