The student news site of Cypress Woods High School

The Crimson Connection

The Crimson Connection

The Crimson Connection

Rant in 212 words: Pumpkin spice

Pumpkin spice, a popular fall flavor featured in many foods and drinks across the globe. Although many love it, pumpkin spice is gross and overrated. Drinking a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks is like being slapped in the face by a fiery, unwanted flavor of fall. Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg and Allspice come together to create something that people swoon over for unknown reasons. It is incomprehensible how one could sit down and enjoy the taste of anything having to do with pumpkin spice. Despite having pumpkin in the name of the spice, the pumpkin essence is very subtle which does not make sense. The cinnamon and nutmeg hit your taste buds like a truck then leave the pumpkin in the dust. Why would something that is meant to compliment pumpkin flavored items not taste good at all? Another thing that adds to the overratedness of pumpkin spice is that people love to put it in foods and drinks that are perfect without it. “Hanks”, a gourmet soda brand, makes pumpkin spice soda. Yes, you heard that right, pumpkin spice soda. The fact that someone sat down and decided that a pumpkin spice soda was a good idea is astonishing. Overall, pumpkin spice is an overrated flavor that needs to be left alone.