The Crimson Connection

Avengers: Infinity War

the marvel movie of the decade

Photo by Flickr user jdhancock

Photo by Flickr user jdhancock

Photo by Flickr user jdhancock

-WARNING: SPOILER ALERTS-

I will never be able to watch a normal Marvel movie after this movie. Where can I even begin?  As a superhero movie fan, a mass crossover of nearly every famous Marvel hero known to man is a personal dream of mine. Infinity War fulfilled all of my expectations and broke my heart at the same time. However, the story can throw mild comic book fans for a loop with the sudden transitions between hero groups.

The movie starts off after the end of Thor: Ragnarok. Thanos is shown surrounded by the bodies of the Asgardians, Valkyrie is gone, Loki and Heimdall are killed and Thor is captured. After all of that, the opening title finally plays and everything goes downhill for the Avengers from there. This Marvel film is different in the fact that nearly nothing goes right for our heroes in all 160 minutes of the movie, and there is a surprising amount of doom and gloom around every corner. The humor in this movie feels a little forced, but is it really a Marvel movie without Tony Stark’s sarcasm or Bruce Banner’s nerdy cowardice? Due to everything else having a morbid atmosphere, the humor seems oddly comforting and necessary all in all.

The fight scenes are creative as always, and we finally get to see more of Doctor Strange’s elaborate powers in action, as well as Spider-Man’s new metal suit. However, the plot of this movie strongly resembles a video game. It has a main plot line, and then it has multiple annoying side quests to take in order to complete the main story. The one thing I do not like about this movie is that it combines the main cast and supporting cast and then separates them into little three to four person groups to go do those little “side quests” that eventually connect back to defeating Thanos. It can be jarring for even the most seasoned of Marvel addicts.

All in all, this is a stupendous movie, and Marvel is still pumping out fantastic movies one after another. They are also still much better than DC in my eyes. Infinity War is overwhelmingly superior to Justice League and no one can convince me otherwise. Even if it’s not the most amazing or groundbreaking movie in the world, it is still an amazing superhero film that will be remembered for many years.

About the Writer
KaeT, Social Media Editor
My name is Kae Trusty, and I am the social media editor for the Crimson Connection. This year I am a junior and it will be my second year on staff. On Wednesdays, I volunteer at the Hope Chest and as a side job, I babysit pets for the neighbors. I spend most of my...