The Crimson Connection

Filed under In The World, News, Showcase

Blizzcon 2017

Blizzard Entertainment makes announcements about Overwatch, World of Warcraft, and more

On November 3rd and 4th, 2017, Blizzard Entertainment, the video game developers behind such games as HearthstoneOverwatch, and World of Warcraft, held their 11th annual convention, Blizzcon, at Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. The convention with a series of announcements and trailers about their games.

One of their most recent games, Overwatch, had two big announcements at the convention. The first was that a new character, a support-healer character named Moira, would be joining the roster of heroes. The second was that there would be a new map called Blizzard World, a theme park inspired by all of Blizzard’s previous games.

Blizzard announced that another of their series, World of Warcraft, would be getting an expansion, titled World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth. It was also announced that Blizzard was creating a new server called World of Warcraft Classic, which aims to replicate the game experience of the original game.

Announcements for other games were also made. Heroes of the Storm will be adding two characters from other games to its roster: Hanzo from Overwatch and Alexstrasza the Life Binder from World of WarcraftHearthstone will be getting an expansion titled Kobolds and Catacombs, which pays homage to old-school fantasy dungeon crawlers. Blizzard’s hit real-time strategy game, StarCraft 2, will be going free to play, starting with the Wings of Liberty campaign on November 14th.

About the Writer
DaphneT, Copy Editor
My name is Daphne Tett. I am a junior and just joining the Crimson Connection staff this year. I am also in French club and Cy Woods Theatre Company. My other interests are writing fiction, YouTube and watching online playthroughs of video games.