The Crimson Connection

A Night Full Of Music

LANY in Houston

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Night Full Of Music

Kayla Pitarra

Kayla Pitarra

Kayla Pitarra

KaylaP, Staff Reporter

To go from listening to your favorite artist or band on Spotify and watching them through a screen, to seeing them live in concert can be the most thrilling and happiest things to happen.

On November 11, 2016, I had the privilege of seeing one of my favorite bands, LANY, live in concert for the first time. From the moment I stepped into the waiting line, I knew this concert was going to be amazing.

The crowd of LANY fans was the nicest concert pit I had ever been in. No pushing and shoving was a clear rule to everyone in the venue as the words “Come Together” illuminated from the stage. Everyone was having fun as we danced along to the opening act, an up and coming band called Transviolet, who I later had the privilege of meeting and seeing just how nice they were. Their fast and upbeat music set the mood and got everyone pumped up for LANY.

When the lights went down, the whole venue went crazy with screams filled with affection as LANY members Paul Klein, Les Priest , and Jake Goss made their way onto the stage. Soon the whole place was radiating smiles as we sang along to every song. The slow songs made for angelic moments, while the fast songs had everyone dancing and radiating happiness.

When they sang their last song and the lights went on, it was the end of the concert, but not the end of the night. Showing appreciation for their fans and supporters, LANY stayed and did a  signing. They made sure to meet and take a picture with everyone who had purchased their ZINE, a 35 page magazine talking about them and their album.

When I reached the front of the line, nerves tickled my stomach. I went and hugged all three members and smiled for a picture. They were kind to everyone who had stayed and waited until after midnight to meet their idols.  LANY created a night I will never forget. They’re beautiful music is still ringing in my ears and I’m so glad everyone got to meet them. I highly recommend their music and seeing them live if you’re looking for something chill while also fun.