My Day in Austin

My Day in Austin

BillyS, Online Editor

I took a campus visit to the University of Texas in Austin in a desperate attempt to narrow my search of prospective trains into a successful future. After this visit, I can certainly say that the University of Texas is certainly a forerunner right now in that search.

From what I learned from an extremely enthused tour guide, there are a plethora of opportunities available for everyone who so chooses to become a Longhorn, whatever your niche may be. Being a fan of most anything sports, I can safely assume I will spend a great number of hours at the intramural fields trying out for club teams or just having fun kicking around a soccer ball or playing an impromt tu game of tennis.

The University of Texas also offers, beyond the realm of sports, top notch musical groups and a great deal of night life in the form of live entertainment. When the tour had ended and I was left to just wander the campus and explore on my own, around four o’clock bands had started setting up on street corners and in bars ready for a long friday night of trying to make ends meat.

The campus is large and located in a very central part of Austin where at any time your are just about a 20 minute walk for the capital building and the rest of downtown.

The spirit that embodies the atendees of this fine academic institution is renowned and if you look out your car window from the highway that runs next to the campus, you will see the overwhelming amount of 20-somethings in burnt orange raving about the sports game the previous night. Which isnt necessarily a bad thing.

I strongly recommend anyone who’s serious about their future to take a visit to the University of Texas which happens to only be about two and a half hours from Cypress. I may have only been this one time, but I have enough confidence to say that it is a very real possibility you might see me in burnt orange throwing up a “hook’em horns”.