Dear “Wonderful” Classmates…

KyleR, Staff Reporter

Alright people, I’ve got a few things to say. People stop being so uptight and take a joke. Today, I played a joke where I “borrowed” their Letterman jacket for the day until I gave it back to him in the one class we have together. I swear it was like I was wearing a Ranch jacket.

First of all, the person I played this joke on wasn’t even that mad at me when I gave it back to him, so there is no reason for anyone else to be mad about it. I know I technically broke a high school social rule, but even when I explained that it was a joke, people were still criticizing me and roasting me. Come on everyone, take a joke.

But, don’t even dare pull that whole thing that I stole it and I deserve what I got. I would like to meet one person who has never, in their entire life, stolen something from a friend as a joke. If everyone should criticize me, then next time you do something similar I will standing by ready to roast you and make you feel as bad as I do right now. Chances are you don’t want to feel like I do currently.

Some people are such hypocrites because they can go and play huge. long drawn out jokes on friends that include possible harm whereas all I did was wear someone’s jacket and I’m the worst person in the whole world. I know it’s weird, but no one should be criticized for just being who they are and doing something friends do to each other. If you do, then don’t come taking to me about everyone should be who they are and no one should be discriminated against for their personality.

To those who actually were good people and laughed with me, thank you for seeing the humor in it and not biting my head off over a harmless joke. You are the real friends compared to the people who will just roast me and make me feel awful, but still claim to be my “friend”.

Thank you also to the person I played this joke on for having a sense of humor and not killing me when I gave it back. I know it was a letter jacket and some people guard it with their life, but you stayed humorous and forgave. Thank you also to those who gave me gentle criticisms and were concerned for me instead of acting all high and  mighty by saying “You’re a …”. I’m not going to even finish that because the person who said that is not even worth my time of day anymore after that comment. Sorry, but to those who said anything like that to me, you are no longer my friend and I am ashamed that I ever was.

So next time you see something like this happening. Think. What you say to that person can really impact them in a negative way and undermine your own image because they won’t want to be with you because they now view you as sarcastic little…