High School Highways

KyleR, Staff Reporter

Alright everyone, I have got to get something out there before I punch someone over this. We, as a school, need to seriously work on our hallway etiquette because it is honestly like driving on the highway in Houston. Can I get an Amen for that?

Let’s start with the slow walkers. Come on people pick up your feet already. I know that you only have to go the the hallway next door, but when I’m going from WHAP to Choir, I need every spare second I can get. Even with that, I still barely make it in time. I know that you want to talk to your friends, but that doesn’t mean slow down. If someone in the group is a slow walker, then tell them to walk faster. You shouldn’t have to walk slower and cause a severe inconvenience for everyone else just for one person. But hey, maybe this is just me being a naturally fast walker.

Next are the random stoppers and the big groups of friends. Seriously, if you have to stop to figure out where you are or if you have to talk to a friend do it off to the side and not directly in front of me. Sorry, but the world doesn’t revolve around you and you have to consider other people and move out of the way. Why do you need to stop to make a point to your friend even? Just use you hands and body language so you can keep moving. To my lovely groups of friends, you don’t all have to walk in a line that blocks off the entire hallway. I know this is a novelty concept, but you can do two or three lines so that you’re in a group and talk to everyone instead of shouting down the line to get people’s attention. I know you want to have a social life, I do too but you need to use your brain for once in your life.

Then there’s the couples. Really do you really have to stop in the middle of the hallway to make out? Move off to the side people. I know you like your significant other, but I honestly don’t care about how much you love them or how much they define you. If you want to go and make out in a corner, go ahead as long as it’s not in my way because I have better things to do than watching two students wrapping themselves around each other in front of me.

So next time you go out in the hallway, think about other people and how much of an annoyance you can be to other students. Think about how you feel when you have a cross school trek and you get stuck behind someone. Let’s not make high school hallways worse than 290.